Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Eure....Whoops!

Everything doesn't always go according to plan. I had a clever idea for having ribbing on top of the kind of socks I made a couple of days ago: make the sock, take it off on waste yarn, then make a section of ribbing, take IT off on waste yarn, and then attach the two together using the main bed. Yes, there would still be a seam to make, but only on the ribbing part. Well...here's what that looks like:

It's "upside down" for no special reason...


Even with safety pins marking dropped stitches (I clearly need practice on picking stitches up that have been "saved" with waste yarn!), it looks pretty good. And it is very lovely, making the disappointment all that much sharper:

The cast-on for the ribbing doesn't stretch enough so that I can get my foot into the sock.

I'm not sure at all what to do about that. This is, in fact, the first time that I've made ribbing for anything on the ribber. There must be a fix...I guess I'm off to do some research!



No comments:

Post a Comment